Monday, February 16, 2009

Top Five Travel Videos of All Time

Since I’m at work on Presidents’ Day I could use a laugh. The streets of San Francisco are so deserted it looks like the world ended and everyone forget to tell me AND it's raining cats and dogs. But let’s just say my day is not going as badly as this woman’s. This YouTube video of a customer losing it in the Hong Kong airport after missing her flight to San Francisco has become an overnight hit.



I mean, we’ve all felt that way, but never have I indulged my inner five-year-old and actually rolled on the floor. Sweetheart, it’s very easy to rebook your Golden State getaway. There are hundreds of California vacation deals out there just waiting to be picked.

But this naughty passenger has done more than make me laugh. She's also inspired me to nominate my top five travel videos of all time. We’ll automatically give her the #5 slot, but read below for the other four.


#4 The Great Dust Up

Ever driven straight into a dust storm? Um, me either and now we don’t have to thanks to these brave blokes in Australia.

#3 Obama-liers in Venice

Still feeling patriotic after the election? Check out this incredible video of two Venice gondoliers re-imagining the Italian classic “Volare” with new Obama-themed lyrics.

#2 Anything With Judy Grimes

(Look! I say it counts as a travel video and we’re playing by my rules). This travel reporter for Weekend Update on "Saturday Night Live" totally knows her stuff. Just kidding. No, I'm not. Yes I am...


#1 Bad Day for Baby Buffalo

The reigning champ of the best travel videos of all time is still this National Geographic-esque amateur footage of a baby Cape buffalo’s struggle to survive in South Africa's Kruger National Park. (Don’t worry. It has a happy ending!)

Digg this
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment