Friday, February 27, 2009

My Favorite Travel Books


Since the TV show Top Chef came to a close this week, I’ve found with myself with some extra time to read. In between my globe-hopping adventures, I’m something of a bookworm, and it’s probably no surprise that many of the books I like to read are travel-related. Here are some of my favorites:

1. A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson
Bryson tackles the Appalachian Trail with humor and gusto, if not grace.

2. The Snow Leopard, by Peter Matthiessen
An Everest adventure in search of a mysterious and elusive species.

3. Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
One woman’s journey of discovery in Italy, India, and Indonesia.

4. Road Fever, by Tim Cahill
A wild ride from the tip of South America to the upper reaches of Canada.

5. Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole
This hilarious novel gives a thorough introduction to the city of New Orleans.

What are yours? I’m always looking for a good book to read, so if you’ve got any recommendations, let me know!
Digg this
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment