Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finding a Travel Deal? It's All in a Day's Work For Me!

Well hello there, travel fans! Let me introduce myself: I'm Carmen Sanfrancisco.

What's that, you say? My name sounds a little familiar? Not to worry, I get that all the time---but you're actually thinking of my long-lost step cousin, Carmen Sandiego. She's way more famous than me. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Yep, you know the one.

(Incidentally, I have no idea where she is right now, come to think of it. She hasn't emailed me in years! Last I heard she was in Hawaii.)

Just like my world-famous cuz, though, I went into the family business; that's right, I'm a detective. Well, alright, that's not entirely true, but I do pride myself on my superb spying skills and my ability to seek out something at the top of every traveler's wish list: a steal. You might notice that my coat and hat in my picture are green, for instance. Know why that is? Because of all the green I like to save!

I just hate paying full-price for something, you see. I'm the gal who stalks an airfare for three weeks before clicking "purchase" because I can't stand the thought that I could have got it for cheaper. I join every hotel rewards program and car rental club I can. I travel a lot, you see, and those benjamins add up: if I can save money on every trip, I'm a very happy camper indeed. (Sometimes quite literally in fact---I've never met a tent I didn't like.)

Join me, won't you, as I post about my best ways to travel on a budget. My crowning glory? A hotel for three bucks a night in Laos. If you can beat that bargain, I'll consider taking you on as my apprentice.
Digg this
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment